August 14, 2015

Navan Tapas Trail

  

I have lived in Meath now for three years and I still haven't managed to make it to all the great places that people tell me about! Navan is full of such places so when I heard about the Navan Tapas Trail I jumped at the chance to blog about it. Followers of the blog will know that I love tapas and was disappointed that I couldn't make this year's Campo Viejo Trail due to being heavily pregnant. The Navan Tapas Trail more than made up for this and we even brought the baby along!

The trail was held as part of the Boyne Valley Food Series and I wasn't surprised when we were told that the organisers could have sold the event four times over such was the interest! After a welcome drink of prosecco the group of 70 was spilt into two and off our group went to the first stop Copper & Spices where we had a tasting place of crispy fried wing, egg curry and petite chicken tikka masala. This was followed by pork belly & black pudding at The Russell, chowder at Ryans and a veggie burger and rum based spirulina cocktail at Chekhovs. At this stage it was nearly seven o'clock and it was time for baby and I to head home but the group continued onto Berminghams Bar for oysters and Guinness and finished it all off with dessert at Beggy's Bar. 

So instead of telling you how mouth wateringly delicious all the locally sourced food was I'm going to let the pictures speak for themselves! I also heard that there might be a Christmas Tapas Trail on the cards so watch this space for more info!

Disclaimer: I am an official blogger for the Boyne Valley Food Series 2015. I was invited to attend this event and did so for free. All reviews and opinions are my own.The majority of the photos are by Michel Weldon Photography

Crispy Fried Wing,Egg Curry,Petite Chicken Tikka Masala
Whole Hoggs Black Pudding, Pork Belly & Dan Kelly Jus with redcurrant jelly  at The Russell

Chowder at Ryans

Veggie Burger at Chekhovs

Carlingford Oysters at Berminghams
What's for Pudding Dessert at Beggy's Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment