February 01, 2012

My first EVER competition!!

So it's the 1st of February and today is jam packed with things to celebrate. January is over, spring is coming, it's St. Brigid's Day, National Grandparent's Day and my blog is two months on the go!! So I thought it was high time to mark all this celebration with my first EVER competition. I am a huge fan of Lorraine Pascale's BBC Programme 'Baking Made Easy'. I love her show, her style of cooking and am always left wanting to bake after watching her. So I was very lucky when a very lovely friend, who knows me all too well, got me her cookbook at Christmas (it's not like i hinted that much!!). It's a gorgeous cookbook packed full of recipes for bread, cakes, desserts and savoury baking. I can't wait to try her 'I cant believe you made that cake' recipe it's impressive looking. I love this cookbook so much that I want to give a copy away to one of my lovely readers.

So how do I get myself into the draw for this I hear you say?? Well this is one of those super easy competitions. All you have to do is be a follower of my blog. You can do this in a number of ways:

1.  Follow The Purple Page through Google Friend Connect (you can do this through a google, twitter or yahoo account – hit the Join this Site button. It's just over there in the sidebar to the right).

2. Like The
Purple Page on Facebook and  share the post about this giveaway.

3. If you’re on Twitter join me here and tweet away.

You can just do one of these, you can do all three, it's up to you but I will give you one entry for each of the steps.

Good luck everyone!

This giveaway is open to Irish and UK followers only but if you are from abroad still join me as one day maybe I can have an international competition :) A winner will be selected at random and announced at the end of February.


The competition is now closed and the winner, as picked by Random.org, is Leanne Daly. Well done Leanne please email thepurplepageireland@gmail.com with the details of where you want me to send your very lovely prize too :) 

51 comments:

  1. entered liked and shared The Purple Page on Facebook. tweeted as Fluky1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Josephine Welcome to the blog hope you enjoy it and you're in the draw :)

      Delete
  2. Have done all 3 :-)Love Lorraine Pacale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fab welcome to the blog :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks!Only just noticed my spelling mistake,I meant Pascale obviously,oops :-)

      Delete
  3. Hey I just added you on GFC and I'm following you with bloglovin now. x

    samccormack2(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant you are entered into the draw. haven't heard of bloglovin. I'm going to go investigate that now!!

      Delete
  4. Followed you on Twitter as @mamadotie, and retweeted about your blog.

    Well done on making it to two months blogging - you've already beaten the average, which is 6 weeks! Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much didn't realise the average was 6 weeks that has made my day :) I'm familiar with mama.ie it's a great site have passed it on before to a few mammies.

      Delete
  5. entered liked and shared on facebook tweeted as cillillo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have joined you on GFC,will keep my fingers crossed :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi welcome to the blog hope you enjoy it and good luck :)

      Delete
  7. All done amskinsella@gmail.com :) good luck everyone !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. all done!! fingers crossed emer.breen@zurich.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya!Followed, facebooked, twittered, the whole caboodle! Congrats on the 2 month anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're great thanks a million and you're in the draw :)

      Delete
  10. i did 2 steps. 1 and 2.



    Sinead ORourke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great you are in the draw. Hope you enjoy the blog.

      Delete
  11. As they say, 2 out of 3 aint bad (have no idea about twitter ;O). Happy Valentine's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 out of three definately ain't bad cos your in the draw twice now. happy Valentine's too :)

      Delete
  12. Already a follower of your fab blog Kat, just joined on FB and twitter now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mel knew I recognised the name on facebook. Thanks for joining and hope your blog is going great too :)

      Delete
  13. entered liked and shared on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would love to win this book for my 7 year old daughter. She loves the program and now loves to bake..a budding chef in the making thanks to Lorraine. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how cute cooking with your daughter must be great fun. I have so many memories of cooking with my gran and mum its a wonderful thing to do. You are in the draw and good luck.

      Delete
  15. Lovely blog! Following you on twitter now as @kikogreedyfish.
    Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for the lovely commen. Welcome to the blog :)

      Delete
  16. all done this site looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now a very happy follower on Facebook and email x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good stuff you are in competition :) enjoy the blog

      Delete
  18. Entered, liked and shared on FB ...

    ReplyDelete
  19. New follower of you and your FB page :) Grat giveaway, I just love Lorraines desserts you see her make on tv and didn't know she had a book :D

    Would love for you to follow me too as Ive just started. Thanks
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bridget yeah i love her too I think her recipes are great. She actually has two books out the other one is called home cooking made easy. Would love to follow your page always nice to talk to a fellow blogger :)

      Delete
  20. Hi there

    All 3 done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hiya. I'm fully connected!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. All 3 complete! :)

    FB/GFC Nina Crozier, Tw @nc099

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good stuff welcome to the blog and thanks for the RT

      Delete
  23. Hmmm I was sure I left a comment here yesterday? Anyway I was just saying what a great givaway this is. I watch Lorraine baking on the tv sometimes but never knew she had a book out :)
    Im your new follower here and on Facebook
    Would love for you to follow me too :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bridget you did indeed not sure why it didnt publish newbie glitch probably!! It's up there anyway. Would love to follow your page lovely to meet new bloggers :)

      Delete
  24. Done all 3! Love the show, love the blog - makes me hungry!, would love the book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the blog and just joined it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey, love the blog! Followed on google and twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Following via GFC, have liked on Fb and following you on twitter :)

    ReplyDelete